Laney Adult Transitions Program
WHO WE ARE
The Adult Transitions Program is a consortium of Community Colleges and Adult Schools in collaboration with Community Based Organizations to enable adults (18+) to advance education, obtain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership.
WHAT WE DO
- Deliver presentations at local adult schools and community-based organizations regarding college Career & Technical Education (CTE) as well as traditional programs.
- Assist groups in scheduling CTE and campus tours through the Laney Welcome Center.
- Provides support to new and returning students as they transition into a Peralta college.
- Provide guidance to students completing the online admissions application, viewing the online orientation, scheduling an appointment for the assessment test, completing the online financial aid application (FAFSA / CA Dream Act), and meeting with a counselor to develop your Student Education Plan (SEP).
- Connect new and returning students to campus resources and support services as well as student groups and learning communities for continued support, guidance, and connection.
PARTNERING WITH LANEY
Are you a Community Based Organization (CBO) with the goals and mission of getting your participants into college and/or on Career paths that can provide them with livable wages?
If so, or if you would like more information about our program and how to partner with Laney College, please contact:
Atiya Rashada, Transitions Liaison/ Project Manager
(510) 464-3398 office /(510) 761-9171 text/ firstname.lastname@example.org