Welcome to the Laney College Career Services Page!
We provide support with career exploration, self-assessment, and the job/internship search process to help all Laney students achieve career satisfaction and success.
To schedule an appointment please call (510) 464-3152 or stop by T-301
- One-On-One Career Counseling Sessions Covering:
- Exploration of majors and careers
- Assessment of individual skills, interests, values and personality type
- Career decision making
- Resume and cover letter development and critiques
- Interviewing skills
- Job and internship search strategies
- Self-assessment referrals and interpretations
- Career Related Workshops
- Choosing a Major & Career
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing with Confidence
- Job Fair Preparation & Networking
- Career Field/Major Specific Workshops (upon request)
- Online and Print Resources
- Handouts and web-links to support career exploration and job search readiness
- Job Search Database, Eagle Hire
- Eagle Hire Login: https://laney-csm.symplicity.com/
- Career Assessment Instruments
- Current we offer the following career assessment tools for students: Strong Interest Inventory (SII), Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Career Occupational Preference System Interest Inventory (COPS); The Career Ability Placement Survey (CAPS); and the Career Orientation Placement and Evaluation Survey (COPES).
- A list of free online assessment tools and resources for students and counselors will be posted soon.