Summer 2017 Session:
- Summer 2017 Session: Monday, June 19 — Thursday, July 27.
- Moodle – Summer 2017 Online Course Website – courses will be open to students at the start of the semester.
- View the Spring 2017 Online & Hybrid Course Offerings or go to PASSPORT to Search for Classes
- Students must have a Peralta Student Account to enroll in courses through the PASSPORT Student Center or in person at BCC
- Continuing Students may enroll in classes according to their appointment (check your PASSPORT Student Center)
- New and Returning Students (who have not enrolled in a Peralta class in the last two semesters), will need to apply/re-apply for Admissions – please see Getting Started at Laney. Students taking online courses should check their Peralta Student Email for any messages from instructors before the semester begins. Students may login to their Peralta Student Email Accounts and redirect mail to their personal email address.
Can’t Find Your Class?
- Make sure you are on the correct Moodle site. The Moodle URL is different for each semester. Create a new bookmark on your computer or mobile device at the start of each semester.
- Student logins are reset at the beginning of each semester.
- Students must enroll in courses before they can access classes on Moodle. Enroll in classes through your PASSPORT Student Center.
- When logging in to Moodle, COOKIES must be enabled.
- Moodle Help for Students
- Peralta District Distance Education Website
- International Students
- Thinking of Taking an Online Class?
- Is Online Learning Right For Me? – Visual Academy
- Problems Registering for a Class?
More Student Resources:
- Admissions & Records Homepage
- Admissions Contact Information
- Need help with clearing prerequisites? Visit the Counseling Department’s Hot Topics page
- Have questions about the Wait List? See the Link to the Wait List Webpage
- Laney Bookstore Homepage
- Moodle Helpdesk for Students: email@example.com
How to enroll in courses
In the Online Classes page, find the courses that you would like to enroll in. Note the term and class number.
Then log in to your Passport account and click on the Student Center link. From here, you can Add a Class. Select the term and click continue. You can enter the class number in the second field.
If a class is full, you can add your name to a wait list (if available) or contact the instructor directly.
Problems registering for a class?
Some online courses have a prerequisite, which is usually completion of a prior course with a grade of C or better. If you have not completed a prerequisite or took it at another school, you may have difficulties registering for a class.
If you have taken the prerequisite and having trouble with the registration process, please contact a counselor at the school that offers the online class you are attempting to add. Contact information for: Laney College Counseling Department– 510-464-3152