On October 3, 2017, the Laney Faculty Senate voted to approve the formation of a Distance Education subcommittee.
DISTANCE EDUCATION COMMITTEE CHARGE
The Laney College Distance Education Committee will serve as the college’s primary recommending body on matters related to distance education – specifically, focusing on supporting excellence in distance education teaching and learning; recommending policies, procedures, and resources to support effective, innovative, and equitable distance education at Laney College; and ensuring that Laney College distance education classes meet federal, state, and accreditation standards.
DE Committee Members, Spring 2018
- Inger Stark, District DE Coordinator
- Chelsea Cohen, DE Coordinator
- Rupinder Bhatia, Co-Chair (Director of IT)
- Adrienne Oliver, Canvas Transition Coordinator
- Alta Erdenebaatar, Canvas Transition Coordinator
- Phillippa Caldeira, Co-Chair
- Scott Godfrey
- Suzan Tiemroth-Zavala