Purpose of the High Tech Center:
- To provide access to adaptive computer systems for persons with learning challenges.
- To assist students in the transition to college level academic and vocational classes.
HTC Software Resources:
The High Tech Center offers instruction in the use of adaptive software and equipment, including speech recognition, screen reading, image enlarging, Braille display, adaptive keyboards, and the following software applications:
- Ultimate Phonics
- Typing Tutor
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (dictation)
- Inspiration (for mind mapping)
- JAWS (screen reading software)
- Kurzweil 1000 & 3000 (scan and read software to assist persons with reading difficulties)
- ZoomText (screen enlargement program)
John Kress, AA, Adaptive Computer Technician, email@example.com
Computer Lab Rules
Click here to see the rules for use of the HTC computer lab.