Instructional Media Center (IMC)
IMC is a full service copy center for use by Laney college’s faculty, administration and staff.
- Single and doubled sided copies
- Black and White copies
- limited color copying
- three-hole punch, binding( staples only), and lamination
- Scanning documents to pdf format
- Course work production
- Secured and test and exam copying
- IMS does not provide transparency copying
Laney College, 900 Fallon Street, Library ( L-115), Oakland, CA 94607
IMC is located on the Lower Level of the Library ( L-115)
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Thursday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
During Library closure between semesters, hours are 8 AM – 4 PM. Please call or email IMC to gain entrance.
Telephone and email:
All orders are processed on a “first come, first served” basis. To request service please email IMC Job Request Form and documents to the copy center: firstname.lastname@example.org; or you may submit the IMC Job Request form and documents over the counter during IMC’s hours of operation.
After requests are submitted, IMC emails an update, with the estimated date and time of delivery.
Please consider the following before submitting your request:
- Please submit copy requests two weeks before the start of the semester
- During the peak period (the first week of class), there is no “copy-while-you-wait” service.
- All late, rushed copy requests must be submitted by faculty’s Dean or administrator
- All requests over 31 original pages require a Dean’s approval
- All requests for over 100 copies requires a two day wait
- Submit only “copy-ready” documents. IMC staff cannot copy directly from bound sources or websites.
- For test and exams, there is no “copy-while-you-wait” service. All orders are on a first come, first served basis.
- ONLY instructors can pick up exams
- Exams and tests should not be put in unsecured faculty mailboxes
- All documents submitted for copying must be in compliance with copy right law (see guidelines below)
- All copy requests of secondary sources must include a copyright form at time request is submitted
James W. Blake, Duplicating Services Technician, 510-464-3489; 510-464-3230
Nancy Lee, Duplicating Services Technician, 510-464-3488
Examples of Proper Citations