- Tuesday, April 17: Faculty Senate meeting
Faculty Senate meetings take place at noon on the first and third Tuesdays of the month in T-450. The meetings are open to all.
Faculty Senate Brown Bags are informal noon-time sessions focusing on topics of special interest to faculty.
The Ten-Plus-One (10 + 1)
Per California Education Code, the Faculty Senate has the responsibility to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. These are the areas of work that the faculty senate deals with. They are called “10+1.” (More information can be found on the Statewide ASCCC website in the Quick Links list at the right.)
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
Other Areas Assigned to the Academic Senate per California Education Code
- Faculty Hiring
- Administrative Retreat Rights
- Tenure Evaluation (exclusive representative shall consult)
- Evaluation (exclusive representative shall consult)
- Faculty Service Areas (exclusive representative shall consult)