To submit announcements, email LaneyPIO@peralta.edu
Join Your Student Government!
Calling All Laney Students!
Laney College, Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, and Merritt College will hold student government elections this spring. Those elected will serve in the 2018–19 academic year. We invite and encourage all students to participate in this election season.
Here’s your chance to run for student government and:
- Gain strong leadership experience
- Get involved with campus student government events and activities
- Advocate for your fellow students
- Bring social justice and change to your campus
- Have your voice heard and make a lasting impact on your campus
Election packets are available online at https://tinyurl.com/2018-2019Application
The application deadline is March 5 at 5 p.m.
APPLY NOW OR ENCOURAGE A FRIEND!
For more details about the election process, constitution and by-laws please visit: http://laney.edu/student_activities/student-government-aslc-2/elections-voting/
Get involved and make a positive change within the Peralta Community College District and on your campus!
For more information, contact 510-464-3188.
NEW DATE — UPCOMING CAMPUS EVACUATION DRILL
The Laney College campus will be participating in a morning and evening evacuation drill on Wednesday, February 28:
- Morning Drill: 10:00 a.m.
- Evening Drill: 6:15 p.m.
Each evacuation drill is expected to last at least 20 minutes.
What to do during the drill:
- You must leave the campus when you hear the alarms and move to an assembly area off campus.
- In planning your exit during the evacuation drill please refer to the map here. Review the map prior to the start of the drill and identify the assembly area closest to your campus location.
Drill assembly areas:
- North Assembly Area – across 10th street in front of the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center.
- South Assembly Area – on the sidewalk next to the campus, on 7th Street near Fallon Street.
- Field House Assembly Area – on the sidewalk next to the campus, on 7th Street near 5th Ave.
If you have mobility challenges, please transition early to avoid the rush or hurried pace during the actual live drill.
Thank you in advance for your participation in this annual safety exercise.
For more information, contact the Laney Business and Administrative Office at 510-464-3228.
Welcome to another semester at Laney College! We’re so glad to have you back.
Here are some useful links for you:
We wish you the best semester ever!