Round 1 of AMATYC SML math contest for the 2017-18 academic year will be held on
Friday, November 3, at 2:00PM, on Laney College Campus
(room to be announced)
To be eligible to participate in the competition, you have to meet the following conditions:
- You have never received a 2-year degree (or higher);
- You are taking at least one class at Laney College (not just in Peralta) this semester.
For complete SML rules, please visit
To prepare for the contest,
- Join the Laney AMATYC Math Competition Club to study with peers. See the first page of the “initial study packet” below for their contact info.
- Download this initial study packet (or pick up a hard copy at the Math Lab after midweek the second week of class.)
- Study the problems in the packet (and much more posted at the page Coaching Materials.)
- And you are welcome to contact Instructor Hungwen Chang for questions. He is generally available specifically for AMATYC-related questions Thursday 3:30 – 4:30PM provided you schedule an appointment with him 24 hours in advance via email (email@example.com).
Here are a collection of Coaching Materials.