- Provide awareness and ensure implementation of the Student Success Plan and Guidelines are effectively communicated throughout the college community.
- Ensure that all students promptly define their educational and career goals, complete their courses, persist to the next academic term, and achieve their educational objectives in a timely manner.
- Review and utilize campus, District and State data to make determinations in regards to student success (assessment, orientation, counseling, follow-up services, etc.).
- Collaborate with other Shared Governance Committees, including but not limited to Student Equity (SEP) and Foundation Skills (Basic Skills Initiative) to discuss and develop the integration of these three categorical programs as mandated by the State.
- Ensure that SSSP planning is directly associated with existing college plans and initiatives, including but not limited to accreditation, the Educational Master Plan, the Student Equity Plan (SEP), and the Basic Skills Initiative (BSI).
- Advocate for the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures to facilitate the success of our targeted student population
- Coordinate with the District (Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management) and sister Colleges to ensure integration of district-wide SSSP Plans.
- Streamline, evaluate, and assess the enrollment process for students to ensure access to a quality education and align resources with student success recommendations.
- Revitalize and re-vision professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, administrators, and students to facilitate the success of the SSSP Plan by utilizing research and best practices.
2nd Wednesday, 1:00–2:30 p.m., TBD