Rapper/Musician, Comedian, Filmmaker, and host of The Minx Mandate — a web show about the technological Singularity, AI, robotics, nano tech, Noemi Zeigler Sanchez, sometimes known as Madeline Minx, earned her MFA in Film Directing from the American Film Institute. She has optioned a TV series and feature film to Hollywood producer Wendy Kram (“Mad Money”). She is represented by STARS, The Agency for acting and voiceover work. Noemi is a founding team member of Bay Area premiere transmedia film festival Transbay Fest. She makes movies and music and teaches Film/Media courses at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and at Laney College in Oakland.
- Beginning Digital Video Production
- Pro Tools: Sound Design/Aesthetics for Video, Broadcast and Digital Cinematography
Please email to make an appointment.
- Over 32 Years Television Production experience in the San Francisco Bay Area (KTVU, KICU & KNTV). Local Programming (producing, writing, editing) short form (:10 to :60) PSA, promotional, and commercial spots; long form (1:00 – 5:00) news stories, sales presentations, and feature segments; and ½ hour to 2 hour entertainment and documentaries programs.
- Co-Chair and Instructor – Laney Media Communications Department (DSLR, Video Production, Audio Aesthetics with Pro Tools, Advanced Editing, Work Experience Media Literacy).
- College instructor at San Francisco State University (BECA Department – NLE Editing on Media 100).
- Steve Shlisky Productions – Video, DSLR and Still Productions – Produce local videos for Non-Profit agencies (Hopalong Animal Rescue, Opera Frontiers); Short scene adapted from the novel: Edgewise by Jan Stites
- MA – Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts Department (BECA), San Francisco State University
- BA – Radio Television with an Emphasis in Film, San Jose State University
- AA – with Distinction, Drama, Cabrillo College
- NATAS (National Association of Television Arts and Sciences) NorCal Chapter Chair of the Education Committee Responsible for:
- Emmy Awards Committee Member
Awards and Honors – Video Production
- 12 local Emmy awards (based on forty nominations, including four national Emmy nominations)
- 6 Radio Television News Directors Association Awards
- Associated Press’s Mark Twain Award
- 12 Telly awards
- 7 Joey Awards
- Benjamin P. Draper Award (in recognition for writing about the media)
- 14th Annual SFSU Research Competition (first Runner-Up Graduate Participant in Creative Arts and Design Division)
- Best Feature Story Society of Professional Journalists