1. Sabbatical Leaves: The committee shall oversee the sabbatical leave process (see Article 26)
2. Retraining Leaves: The committee shall oversee the retraining leave process
3. Flex (Professional Day) Activities: The committee shall plan, develop, coordinate, review, and evaluate all of the Professional Development activities that take place at the College.
4. Issue twice yearly report to the College Community and the District Officer of Staff Development.
5. Establish priorities and procedures and make advisory recommendations for faculty in each of the following areas:
Use of professional development funds for faculty
Institutional subscriptions and memberships
Individual travel and conferences