￼Welcome to Laney College! We are thrilled you have chosen to begin your education with us and understand that as a new student, you may have many questions. Rest assured that the Laney College campus community is committed to helping you each step of the way.
How To Get Started At Laney
- Apply For Admission Online
- Go to bit.ly/LaneyEnroll and choose “Laney College” at the bottom of the page.
- After 24 hours, check your email for the 8-digit student ID number. If you don’t get an email with your ID number after 24 hours, click here.
- Apply for Financial Aid at, www.fafsa.ed.gov. Laney’s school code is 001266. You can also visit the Financial Aid Office in Building A, Room 201.
For additional help and information, visit the Welcome Center in Building A, Room A101.
- Online Orientation
- Complete the mandatory online orientation at, bit.ly/LaneyOrientation
- Print or save the Certificate of Completion and submit it to Assessment Center prior to taking the assessment test.
- Bring Your Transcript
If you are a high school student, college graduate, or have completed college level math and/or English within the last ten years, please bring an unofficial transcript to the Laney College Counseling office, located on the third floor of the Tower Administration Building. Counselors will help place you appropriately.
- Complete Assessment Test
If you do not have an unofficial transcript or have not completed math and/or English within the last ten years, you must schedule an Assessment Test for English, math, or ESL placement.
How to make your assessment appointment:
- Online at bit.ly/LaneyAssessment
- By phone at 510-464-3259
- By email at email@example.com
- Or, in person at the Welcome Center, Building A, Room A101.
- See a Counselor
Complete your Educational Plan by seeing a counselor at the Counseling Center. You can schedule an appointment by calling 510-464-3152, or going online at bit.ly/LaneyCounseling. You can also drop-in during office hours,
- Enroll in Classes
You can enroll in classes online at, bit.ly/LaneyClasses or in person at the Welcome Center.
- Pay Your Fees
Don’t forget to pay your fees online or in person at the Bursar’s Office, Building A, Room 201A.
- Student Identification Card
Bring a valid picture ID and your current class schedule as proof of enrollment to
Welcome Center to get your student ID card.
You can purchase your textbooks at the Laney Bookstore located in the lower level of the Student Center.
And that’s it! See you in class!
DREAM ACT STUDENTS
“Non US citizens may be eligible for some state financial aid through the California Dream Act. Visit www.caldreamact.org. For additional assistance and information, visit the Financial Aid Department in A 201, (510) 464-3414.”