Support for Undocumented Students

Support for Undocumented Students

There are many resources available to ensure you get a college education regardless of your legal status in the United States. In this section of our website, you’ll find information on how to qualify for in-state tuition and obtain money to pay for your classes.

First: Qualifying for In-State Tuition

The government of the State of California has legislation that allows non-US citizens, documented, and undocumented students who are considered “non-residents” to obtain in-state tuition, these are: Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540), Assembly Bill 2000 (AB 2000), and Senate Bill 68 (SB 68).

Apply for in-state tuition

Second: Money to Pay for College

Once you qualify for in-state tuition, the next thing to do is obtain financial aid to pay for your classes. The State of California has passed legislation that provides money to students who are documented or undocumented through the California Dream Act (CA Dream Act) or Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill (AB 131).

Applying for the CA Dream Act


Undocumented Students-AB-Graphic.fw