123 Fantasy Ave. Oakland, California 55555
Hewelett Packard Engineering Internship.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering (expected May 2014)
Laney College, Oakland, California
August 2009 – Present
- Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese
- Computer skills include MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Java
Math Tutor, Laney College
Oakland, Ca. August 2010 – present
- Provide academic support for students in Beginning and Intermediate Algebra .
- Serve as liaison between students and student affairs administration.
Student Ambassador, Welcome Center, Laney College
Oakland, Ca. May 2010 – September 2010
- Develop knowledge of campus policies and procedures regarding financial aid and matriculation process.
- Provided peer support to establish supportive learning climate and to promote college success.
- Performed data entry and other clerical duties to process student applications and build student database.
U.S. Census Enumerator, Census 2010, Federal Government.
Oakland, Ca. March 2010 – August 2010
- Planned work by reviewing assignment area to determine organization of neighborhoods and locate households for conducting interviews.
- Conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws.
- Explained the purpose of the census interview, answered residents’ questions, elicited information following a script, and recorded census data on forms.
- Complied with accuracy standards while maintaining high production rates.
- Maintained records of hours worked, units produced, miles driven, quality control results, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
- Met daily with supervisor to review and submit work, and receive additional instructions.
College Leadership Experiences
President, Asian American Students Club, Laney College,
Oakland, Ca. August 2010 – Present
- Establish direction and identify goals for the club to serve academic interests of members and contribute to local community.
- Organize meetings and create agenda for group discussion.
- Plan annual Can Food Drive and recruit 20+ volunteers to gather food and additional resources to contribute to local agencies serving families in need.
- Promote social activities to create increased presence on campus and conduct student outreach.
Awards & Honors
- Dean’s List (Fall 2009, Spring 2010)