As of Spring 2019 Assessment Testing is no longer required before enrollment into English or math courses, if you have graduated from a regionally accredited United States high school and already applied to Laney College or completed the prerequisite course/courses at another college or university please see the following.
Assessment for Placement AB 705 – Multiple Measures
Examples of Multiple Measures items needed for placement:
• High School or College Transcripts
• Highest level of coursework completed in a subject area and corresponding course grade.
• Attitude Surveys /Self Placement (Math, English & ESOL)
• Vocational or Career Aptitude Interest Inventories
• Specialized Certificates or Licenses
• Education and Employment Histories
• Military Training and Experience
• Holistic Scoring Processes
Assessment Day Reminders
- All students must bring an unofficial transcript from their last High School or college.
- Please bring the receipt of your completed on-line orientation
- No visitors or children are allowed in the Testing Area during the area.
- No Food/drink are permitted in the Assessment Area
- All electronic devices (i.e. cell phones, tablets, laptop, etc.) must be off.
- Evaluation results must be picked up in Room A-101 with proper identification.
If you have any questions, please call the Assessment Center at