The b2b Learning Community is a two-year program designed to support former foster youth enter and be successful at Laney Community College and to prepare for a satisfying and rewarding career.
b2b begins with a two week college readiness course, from June 18-29, 2012, during which you will learn about and explore Laney College, meet other college students, receive college credit and have fun!
In addition to this two-week summer course, the b2b Learning Community includes two years of:
- Cohort classes with other b2b students
- Case management, resource information and referrals
- Assistance with housing, employment and tutoring
- Guidance on college and financial aid applications
- Academic counseling, educational planning and support
- Leadership development and community building activities
- Potential paid internship during Spring semester
Photos by: Ana Homonnay
b2b is a collaboration between Beyond Emancipation and Laney College, EOPS, and is generously funded by Community College Pathways for Foster Youth (CCP) is a statewide initiative designed to assist campuses in improving college and career outcomes for former foster youth.