Dear Laney Community-
Effective today, March 11, through April 10 the following conditions will be put into place in order to protect our students, staff, and community from the COVID-19 infection and reduce the possibility of community transmission:
Following guidance from the Alameda County Public Health Department, all upcoming college and district related medium-sized gatherings (more than 100 people) where students, staff, and outside community members come together in close proximity to one another will be cancelled and/or postponed.
Specific upcoming events between March 11 and April 10 that are now cancelled/postponed include:
- Professional learning events greater than 100 people and/or when the district/college cannot ensure that students and staff are beyond arm’s length of one another due to the venue or planned activity;
- All college-sponsored performances, including vocal, instrumental, dramatic, and dance concerts.
To the extent possible, and in an effort to limit the exposure in our community, the following restrictions are now in place:
- Outside rentals of facilities where large numbers of people are within arm’s length of one another will be cancelled.
- Staff will coordinate with individual organizations regarding communication and possible rescheduling.
- College athletic events will be limited to 100 people in attendance and must be held in the largest venues on campus to accommodate guidance on increased social distancing (arms-length distance in seating/spectating). Ticketing protocols will be determined by college administrators.
- Please note, that athletic event restrictions may be changed if additional guidance and/or restrictions are provided by the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCA) or the health department.