Information on available student services and instructional support
Important Information for Summer 2019!
Welcome to summer session! As classes are starting, here is some important information that you will need to access resources and get your summer session started in the right way by checking the campus map and reviewing some of the services offered:
Bursar Services (Cashier’s Office)
- Location: Building A, Room 201
- Extended hours to allow extra time to pay
for fees and parking pass
- June 17-24: Open from 8am-6pm Monday -Thursday
- Parking passes are on sale now
- If you are taking 3+units, the summer parking pass is $20
- If you are taking under 3 units, you must get a decal from the Bursar’s Office and pay at the parking lot pay stations on a daily basis. The fee is $2/day
- Contact information: https://laney.edu/business_office/bursar/
Location: Building E, Room E-205
- June 17-July 25: 9am-3pm Monday-Thursday
- Orders can be completed online:
- Contact number: 510-464-3349
- Temporary Location: beside the Bistro, Room E-106 – access from the side
facing the estuary
- June 17: 8am-11am free cup of coffee outside the Bistro area offered on the 1st day of classes
- June 18-July 25: 8am-6pm Monday-Thursday
- Contact information: https://laney.edu/business_office/food-and-catering-services-2/
Information Technology Support
- Issues with logins and passwords? Email for support: email@example.com
- Resources to assist with online and hybrid classes: Peralta Student Resources
- Access the new Student Guide to Free & Low-Cost Resources at Laney College & Local Community, visit https://laney.edu/student_activities and click on Laney Resource Guide.
- The Office of Student Activities & Campus
Life host Fresh Produce Distribution in the Laney College Quad from 11am-1pm to
all current Laney College students.
Dates for distribution are below:
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- Student Services Hours of Operation for Summer Session: To provide additional services, the week of June 17-20, 2019, Admissions & Records and the Welcome Center will be opened from 8:00am-6:30pm; Financial Aid Office hours will be Monday & Thursday, 8:00am-4:30pm and Tuesday & Wednesday, 8:00am-6:30pm.
To view a full listing of student services departments, location and hours of operation, visit https://laney.edu/welcome_center
- Location: Library Building
- Days, Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: Building G, Room G-201
- Days, hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am– 7:00pm
- Location: Building B, Room B-260
- Days, hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm
- Location: Building A, Room A-105
- Days, hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Safety & Security at Laney
Safety and security of students, faculty, staff and the campus are a primary concern. With this in mind, Laney President Dr. Tammeil Y. Gilkerson released a video with safety tips.
- Campus Safety Aides have been fully trained to be visible, vigilant and present to assist you. Hours that services provided are here: Campus Safety Aide Services
- The Personal Safety Handbook provides an overview of services and information on crime prevention, campus safety tips, what to do in an emergency and more.
Emergency Blue Phones
There are 14 Emergency Blue Phones located around the campus. These phones are connected to the Peralta Police 24-hour communications center and are equipped with video capabilities in the event you are unable to talk. The phones can be used in emergencies, to report suspicious activity and to report crimes. The map with blue phone locations can be found on our website: https://laney.edu/personalsafetyandsecurityservices/
Campus Shield Smartphone App
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of students, faculty and staff, the Peralta Community College District is pleased to offer a free smartphone security app. Features of the app include:
- Emergency button that directly contacts Peralta Police Services in emergency situations
- Submit a Tip to anonymously report to Peralta Police Services
- FriendWatch to allow a friend to track your walk across campus
- Campus Resources for information about parking and security service
- Additional Features like non-emergency numbers, safety map, and AC Transit information
We encourage you to download the free app from Apple and Google Play as soon as you can.
To learn more, please click here.
The Campus Safety and Security Services page outlines important phone numbers, as well as plans and procedures for emergencies. If you need any assistance, please contact one of the following: