The “We Rise” Award recognizes individual employees who demonstrate a commitment to our mission and vision, by going above and beyond the day-to-day job duties and exemplifying our adopted values.
- Demonstrates a commitment to trust, cooperation, and teamwork
- Recognizes the worth of each individual and their ideas
- Treats other and those we serve fairly, with compassion and with esteem
- Demonstrates a commitment to our multicultural and diverse organization and the enriching blend of people and ideas
- Helps create an inclusive environment devoted to fostering and embracing diversity of our campus community
- Acknowledges and supports the work and effort put forth by all of our students, faculty, classified professionals, and administrators
- Fosters their own growth and the growth of others through participation in professional development and college/district-wide service and events
- Performs work assignments with excellence
- Demonstrates humility and a commitment to personal improvement in an effort to do their best in teaching and learning, student achievement, administrative practices and delivery of support services
- Demonstrates a commitment to nurturing campus trust by holding themselves accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
- We are individually and collectively responsible for achieving the highest levels of performance in helping students require the necessary skills and abilities to earn associate degrees, certificates, transfer, and career preparation.
- Works to continually improve our effectiveness and efficiency in meeting the educational needs of our community
- Continually evaluate ourselves in an effort to improve our effectiveness and efficiency in meeting the educational needs of our community
- Demonstrates creativity, collaboration and risk-taking
- Innovates in the design, development, support, delivery, and management of programs and services
- Works cooperatively and values both individual ability and diversity in thinking as essential to an effective college community
- Promotes open communication, active participation, exchange of ideas and collaborative decision-making
All members of the college community are encouraged to nominate colleagues who deserve this special acknowledgement in the following categories:
- Permanent Classified Professionals
- Hourly Classified Professionals
- Full-time Faculty
- Part-time Faculty
- Student Workers
Nominations do not need to focus on all eight (8) of the College’s adopted values, but can focus on the ones most salient to the individual nominee. To submit a nomination, please click on the image below. All nominations are due by Monday, April 11, 2022. Award recipients will be announced Friday, May 20, during our Employee Appreciation event.
Click the image below to access the We Rise submission form.