Telephone Services ensures delivery of telephone services throughout the Laney College campus. Delivery of telephone services includes coordination with external support vendors of equipment purchasing, provisioning and installing, and coordination with internal service providers for workspace cabling.
- Setup voicemail accounts and trains user
- Reset voicemail password
- Manages Telephone Work Orders
- Manage phone installations and repairs
- Obtain cost estimates
- Update and publish the Laney Telephone Directory
- Management of MAC Services (Moves, Adds and Changes)
- Manage special projects
Campus Operator Services (Switchboard):
- Operates the college’s computerized telephone system
- Connect staff and faculty to outside line for long distance calls (dial 0 or *0)
Laney College, 900 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA 94607, Lobby Administration Building
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 4:30m PM
Contact the Communication Specialist with defined phone service needs in order to determine appropriate service requirements.
To submit a Telephone Work Order, complete the form and return the original to the Communications Specialist on campus in T-210. For telephone moves, adds or changes, please make sure to include the administrator’s signature and the budget code, as these services are charged to the department/program.
Laney Business Office, email@example.com, (510) 464-3133