Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
Main office: Building E, Room 251 (via zoom)
Hours: Monday through Thursday 9AM to 4PM; Friday 9AM to 3PM.
Details of returning laptops borrowed from Laney College:
- Where: Laney Tower Building Entrance (Laney College)
- When: Wednesday, May 27 (10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- How/What (to do):
- You must wear a face-covering (e.g. mask)
- You must maintain social distancing per instructions at the site
We want to hear from you. Please let us know if you are Graduating, Transferring, or Gaining a Certificate: Success Survey
How are we doing? Please let us know by filling out this Survey.
Due to Coronavirus COVID-19 concerns, the Laney DSPS Department will offer phone and online/remote appointments, starting March 17, 2020. In-person appointments will be suspended until further notice.
**Student services will be 100% online during the Fall semester as well
Online ZOOM Appointments can be scheduled using our online scheduling tool here. You will be emailed a ZOOM invitation from your counselor just before your appointment time. The ZOOM invitation allows you to call in by phone or use the videoconferencing feature. You can meet on ZOOM with or without video, and you do not need to have a ZOOM account to join the meeting. However, students are advised to set up a ZOOM account prior to the appointment to ensure an on-time appointment with few technical issues.
Phone Appointments can be scheduled by leaving a message at (510) 464-3428.
1. Name 2. Student ID Number, 3. Contact phone number, and your preferred appointment date and times. We will call you back to confirm your appointment. Please note that our staff and counselors are working remotely so you may receive a call back from a blocked number. Please confirm your phone number when you speak to our office staff. The counselor will call you at your designated appointment time
WELCOME TO LANEY COLLEGE – DISABLED STUDENT PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS) is the campus office responsible for determining and providing required academic accommodations for students with disabilities. Use of services is voluntary and offered to assist students with disabilities who are attending Laney College. New students please call the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to make an intake appointment.
Please click here to download the Laney College Section 504 Plan.
Click here to download the DSPS Student Handbook.
Who is eligible for DSPS services?
DSPS serves students whose disabilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Learning disability
- Mobility impairment
- Stroke or head trauma
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Psychological disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD)
- Other physical disabilities
How to Access DSPS Services:
1. File an application to enroll or be a currently enrolled student at Laney College.
2. For students with a verified disability, bring documentation to the DSPS office.
3. Meet with a DSPS Counselor.
DSPS serves as a support system for students who are interested in pursuing the following objectives:
- Certificate Programs
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree
- Transfer programs to four year institutions
- Basic skills classes
- Enrichment classes for job training