If you are seeking accommodations for classes at other Peralta Colleges please contact them directly for accommodations:
- College of Alameda: email@example.com
- Berkeley City College:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merritt College: SAS.email@example.com
Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
Main office: Building E, Room 251 (via zoom)
Hours: Monday through Thursday 9AM to 4PM; Friday 9AM to 3PM.
OFFICE HOURS (for basic questions, concerns, booking of appointments):
Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 9-11am; 1-3pm: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/94220801509
Chrome Book Lending Program (still available for pickup on Wednesdays):
Chromebooks are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and documents residing in the cloud. The Chromebooks can run Peralta email, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Canvas, and many internet-based applications needed to complete your courses.
It is important that students understand that the emergency Chromebook Lending Program can only function if everyone is respectful of the semester time frame. Failure to return the Chromebook after the semester loan period may result in other students being unable to do their coursework and registration hold.
How are we doing? Please let us know by filling out this Survey.
Due to Coronavirus COVID-19 concerns, the Laney DSPS Department will offer phone and online/remote appointments, starting March 17, 2020. In-person appointments will be suspended until further notice.
**Student services will be 100% online during the Fall and Spring semester as well.
Online ZOOM Appointments can be scheduled using our online scheduling tool here. You will be emailed a ZOOM invitation from your counselor just before your appointment time. The ZOOM invitation allows you to call in by phone or use the videoconferencing feature. You can meet on ZOOM with or without video, and you do not need to have a ZOOM account to join the meeting. However, students are advised to set up a ZOOM account prior to the appointment to ensure an on-time appointment with few technical issues.
Phone Appointments can be scheduled by leaving a message at (510) 464-3428.
1. Name 2. Student ID Number, 3. Contact phone number, and your preferred appointment date and times. We will call you back to confirm your appointment. Please note that our staff and counselors are working remotely so you may receive a call back from a blocked number. Please confirm your phone number when you speak to our office staff. The counselor will call you at your designated appointment time
WELCOME TO LANEY COLLEGE – DISABLED STUDENT PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS) is the campus office responsible for determining and providing required academic accommodations for students with disabilities. Use of services is voluntary and offered to assist students with disabilities who are attending Laney College. New students please call the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to make an intake appointment.
Please click here to download the Laney College Section 504 Plan.
Click here to download the DSPS Student Handbook.
Who is eligible for DSPS services?
DSPS serves students whose disabilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Learning disability
- Mobility impairment
- Stroke or head trauma
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Psychological disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD)
- Other physical disabilities
How to Access DSPS Services:
1. File an application to enroll or be a currently enrolled student at Laney College.
2. For students with a verified disability, bring documentation to the DSPS office.
3. Meet with a DSPS Counselor.
DSPS serves as a support system for students who are interested in pursuing the following objectives:
- Certificate Programs
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree
- Transfer programs to four-year institutions
- Basic skills classes
- Enrichment classes for job training