Alternate Media Center (AMC)
Location: Building E, Room 259
Alexandra Cipher, Alternate Media Technology Specialist
Student hours: Drop in: Monday through Thursday, 10:00am -11:50am and 1-2pm. Please call for an appointment, if you are unavailable during drop in hours.
- E-Text from publisher: 4-6 weeks
- E-Text in house: 1 week per chapter
- Enlarged Textbook: 3-5 days
- Enlarged handouts: 1-3 days
- Enlarged Exams: 2 days
- Textile Graphics: 10 days
- Braille: Handouts – 10 days and Textbooks – 6 weeks
How to Access Alt Media Services:
If you have an accommodation for Alternate Media, please bring the following:
- Your current Accommodation Letter from the DSPS Counselor
- Current class Schedule
- Receipt for the Textbook
- Class syllabus
Please allow 20 minutes for student intake. Student will be required to sign a contract for services. Requests for alt. media materials should be submitted as soon as possible, preferably at the beginning of the semester. Every effort will be made to obtain materials in a timely manner.
For a short list of basic keyboard commands for Adobe Reader click here.