Laney English Students Make the News!
The following editorials were written by Laney English students and published in local newspapers and online media outlets.
Thanks to the leadership of new full-time faculty member Eleni Economides Gastis for championing our students’ writing and working to have their voices heard by a larger audience.
If you are a student in an English class at Laney, your editorial could be next!
Laney Student Published Editorials
- Bruce Pelletier, Don’t Enable Addicts to Pursue their Addiction (San Francisco Chronicle, April 30, 2016)
- Krystal Curtis, Families Must Come Together to Put a Stop to Violence
(The Post News Group, January 12, 2015)
- Aerin Monroe, The Cost of a Drink of Water Just Went Up
(San Francisco Chronicle, April 17, 2015)
- Anonymous, Planned Parenthood Saved My Life
(San Francisco Chronicle, September 29, 2015)
- Frederick Howard, Strength is Spelled with a ‘W” for Woman
(The Post News Group, March 26, 2014)
- Courtney Thomas, The Sister Epidemic
(The Post News Group, June 10, 2014)
- Jorge Rosales, You Tell Us: Why I Support Measure FF to Raise the Minimum Wage
(Oakland North, October 24, 2014)
- Joi Smith, Oakland Youth is A Survivor: “A Rose that Grew from Concrete”
(The Post News Group, November 20, 2014)
- Hassan Russel, Student Fears for Life During Routine Traffic Stop
(The Post News Group, December 16, 2014)
- Ross Becht, The ‘Let Women Die’ Bill
(SF Gate, October 18, 2011)