Interested in taking college classes while you’re at your high school ?
Gateway to College’s Early College Credit Program GtC Early College Program (ECCP) provides high school students with an opportunity to experience success in an academically rigorous, supportive and safe environment as they take in-person college classes and earn high school + college credits.
GtC (ECCP) students will have access to:
– GtC Learning Lab with WiFi, computers, snacks, and materials as needed
– GtC Academic Tutors and Success Coaches
– GtC Tech Library/Laptops on Loan
GtC (ECCP) students will also be required to:
– Attend in person college classes at the scheduled times
– Attend GtC Learning Lab when their class schedule permits
– Check in with Success Coaches based on ongoing academic progress
– Submit Concurrent Enrollment Form (High School Enrollment Form) to Gateway Center
Eligibility Check List:
– Be between the age of (16 – 20)
– Be enrolled in a current High School within Alameda County
– Be eligible to take (In Person) college courses located at the Laney College Campus
– Be able to communicate with their designated high school counselor to assist
with college course selection
– Be able to attend Orientation prior to the beginning of the Fall semester
– Complete Essay Questions – Via Google Form
– Meet the Course Prerequisites that are identified at th
Please apply soon, spaces are limited !
Note: Students who apply are not guaranteed a spot in the Early College Credit Program. Student Selection for the (ECCP) will be based on a Holistic and Equitable basis.
If you have any questions – Please contact the Gateway to College office at (510) 766 – 0092 or email us at email@example.com
Additional Program Details
1. Complete our Interest From: Click Here to Fill Out Interest Form
2. After you complete the Interest Form Complete the Following:
- Early College Credit One Page Form – Click HERE for Direct Link
- High Special Enrollment/Concurrent Enrollment Form (Please Complete with your designated High School Counselor) – Click HERE for Direct Link
3. Courses are from August 22, 2022 – December 17, 2022, with Early College Credit Program Orientation on Wednesday August 17th – 3:oo pm – 4:30 pm.
3. Each student will work with a designated Gateway Center Staff throughout the Semester
a. One on One Student Check In’s
b. Support with Homework and Class Assignments
c. Academic Coaching Support
d. Guidance and mentorship of the college environment
e. Free school supplies, while supplies last
4. Eligible High School Students would need to select IN PERSON ONLY courses to be eligibile for the Early College Credit Program. Online options will not be available until a future date.
5. Attending Friday Community Programming Workshops are meant to support students with exploring what it takes to be a college student, while creating a sense of belonging and community building. Students are REQUIRED to attend at least ONE WORKSHOP. Workshop dates and times will be provided at Program Orientation.
6. The Gateway Center will be providing Tutoring Support for students who will be taking College courses throughout the duration of the Semester. Check in with your designated Success Coach for more information
7. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (510) – 700 – 0096 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org Gateway Center PROGRAM SUPPORT
Important: Students who participate in Programming will be required to be FULLY VACCINATED or be eligible for an exemption to participate.