LANEY COLLEGE LIBRARY COMPUTER USE RULES
Laney College Library provides computers as an educational resource for students of the Peralta Colleges.
Library computers are intended for information access and academic research by Peralta students.
PROHIBTED (NO USE)
Users must comply with the Peralta Community College District Prohibition of Unlawful Harassment AP 3430 and Student Standards of Conduct AP 5500 by not displaying any images or screens that may be offensive to others in a public setting.
Altering computer settings or software configurations is prohibited.
Students facing disciplinary action for disruptive behavior and/or violation of the Library’s Rules and Standards of Behavior are subject to any or all of the following actions:
- Warning: an oral reprimand
- Immediate removal from the Library building
- Suspension of services, equipment, computers and exclusion from the Library building, for a period to be determined by the severity of the offense, and in consultation with the Campus Police Services and/or Vice President of Student Services (or Designee)
- Suspension: Exclusion from classes, privileges or activities for a specified period of time.
- Arrest by the Peralta District Police Services
Please click Laney Library Computer Use Policy 2019 for details.
Updated M 2019