The class started with a group writing assignment, “Environment Brainstorm,” developing and writing:
- List what we would expect to find in the environment (sights, sounds, smells, characters, activities, etc.)
- Brainstorm and write up a scene that could take place there:
- Where does the scene take place?
- Who is in the scene?
- Who is the protagonist?
- What is the protagonist’s objective?
- What are the obstacles to objective?
- What’s at stake for the protagonist?
- What is the central question of this scene?
Homework: DUE NEXT WEEK – Type up and finish writing up the scene developed in the (above) class group writing exercise. (You do not need to use perfect script format. )