We understand that the transition to distance education can be a challenge, so we have created a Chromebook Lending Program, and can lend you one for the remainder of the semester. Please review this page in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Laney College Chromebook Lending Program
The Chromebook Lending Program is targeted to assist students in their completion of educational goals, decrease digital divide, and increase overall course success and completion.
Please note, we are now accepting applications for the summer semester. Once you submit your application, you will receive instructions on when and where to pickup. If you have any questions, please email LaneyPIO@Peralta.edu.
- Chromebooks are lent on a first come first serve basis, for the entire semester.
- You can reserve a Chromebook as long as you are registered at Laney College.
- If you borrow a Chromebook, you will be responsible for caring for and returning it on the specified date, at the end of the semester.
- Chromebooks will be available for pick up by selected students from the Laney Library, once your registration is confirmed.
- If you borrow a Chromebook, you will be liable for lost, damaged, or unreturned laptops.
- Students interested in borrowing a Chromebook must complete the Laney Chromebook Lending Agreement Form, and will be eligible again in the following semester to borrow a Chromebook as long as they are enrolled at Laney College.
- Reservations will be available as long as there are Chromebooks available.
There is no cost for students to participate in this program.
Chromebooks are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and documents residing in the cloud. The Chromebooks can run Peralta email, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Canvas, and many internet based applications needed to complete your courses.
It is important that students understand that the emergency Chromebook Lending Program can only function if everyone is respectful of the semester timeframe. Failure to return the Chromebook after the semester loan period may result in other students being unable to do their coursework and a registration hold.
Returning Your Chromebook:
- You MUST return the Chromebook by the date specified in your agreement. The full replacement cost will be calculated at the cost of the Chromebook & accessories of the same brand, model, and configuration when the Chromebook was declared lost.
Caring For Your Chromebook:
- You are the only authorized user for your assigned Chromebook. Never share or swap Chromebooks with another student. Keep your password CONFIDENTIAL.
- Do not EAT or DRINK near your Chromebook.
- When screen cleaning is necessary, use a soft cloth.
- Do not mark the Chromebook in any way with markers, stickers, etc.
- Do not remove College labels or asset tags.