Type of lab book to buy. THEY ALL COST ABOUT $20.
Type 1: also Hayden-McNeil: Pros: Standard, spiral bound, lies flat. MY FAVORITE ! IT’S THE ONE I USE, top page is perforated.
Type 2: Book factory Style: Pros: Cheap. Cons: pages are not divided for the PROCEDURE and the DATA/OBSERVATION SECTIONS, bottom page is perforated. Need to write hard and use a ball point pen.
Type 3: Hayden-McNeil. Pros: Standard, spiral bound, lies flat. Cons: bottom page is perforated. You need to write hard and use a ball point pen
You will need this cover sheet for most labs. If there are none available in lab, you need to print one out.
Cover sheets for labs: lab report cover sheet
Formatting labs: Overview Handouts for how to format a lab
- General instructions 1) How to formate lab report
- Check list report 6) report check list for 1A
- Notebook checklist: I often check your notebooks for completeness: great lab record keeping
- Examples of lab notebooks can be looked at during lab.
How to answer questions; this is how I evaluate answers to questions
- How to answer a question: 5) How to answer questions
- This well-organized document goes into more depth for answering questions. If you really want the grade and want to improve in ALL of your classes, this is a document to read, and re-read. Thank you University of Arkansas for a great tutorial on answering questions! Read this handout with the focus on short answer questions for exams and for lab Answering-the-Essay-Short-Answer-Exam-Question
- This last handout serves as a great check list: (Adapted with permission from Dennis Congo, Certified Supplemental Instruction trainer, University of Central Florida) Answering_Essay_Questions_Made_Easier
Do you need more reading on how to format your lab reports? The handouts below are detailed, helpful, and optional reading, however I do evaluate based on correct format.
- Approaching your pre-lab: How would I approach writing my first pre-lab
- a template for labs 1a) Common template for labs
- blank pre-lab 1b) blank lab no data
- after the lab is finished, parts are now filled in 1c) filled in lab
- How to format a purpose 2.1) How to write a purpose
- How to format a method/introduction 2.2) How to write an intro:method
- How to format procedures & data tables: 3) How to write a proce,data copy
- How to format a results/error analysis 4) How to write a summary
- How an artist did his book