If you are taking online classes, Laney College is ready to support you!
You can borrow a laptop for the whole semester:
Chromebook Checkouts for Fall Students
Location: Laney Tower Main Floor Entrance
Wednesday, August 18 (10 am – 12 noon)
- You do not need to schedule your visit. Just drop by during the checkout hours.
- You will be asked to sign the Chromebook Borrower Agreement. You do not need to print the agreement. Library staff will have a copy available for you to sign.
- You must wear a mask and follow safety distancing rules during the checkout process. Be sure to read Rules for Checkout.
More info. here: https://laney.libguides.com/c.php?g=1158482&p=8455339
- Contact your instructors for questions about classes and coursework.
- If you are unable to connect with your instructor, contact your dean. Click Here for the list of deans and access their contact information.
- If you need an e-book or have general questions for the bookstore, online chat is available here Https://Laney.Edu/Library/.
- If you need help with Canvas, call the 24/7 Canvas phone support at (844) 600-4955.
- For information about student support for online classes click Here.
- To connect with a counselor visit Https://Laney.Edu/Counseling/.
Information about free or low-cost computers and WiFi:
- Loan a Google Chromebook from Laney free of charge!
- More information on how to access low-cost computers visit Https://Www.Pcsforpeople.Org/ & Https://Www.Techexchange.Org/For-Individuals.Html.
- To access free Wi-Fi by Xfinity, visit Https://Wifi.Xfinity.Com/ to learn more.
— The list above is from this laney.edu webpage: https://laney.edu/blog/covid-19-update-for-students/