The Office of Instruction at Laney College would like to recognize students who exhibit academic excellence. We are continuing the tradition to award outstanding students with the Dean’s Medallion. The Dean’s Medallion is awarded to students whose academic achievement, service to community, and general excellence have brought honor to Laney College. Students who have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above are invited to be a candidate for the Laney College Dean’s Medallion for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Candidates must have completed their academic course work at Laney College during one of the following semesters: Summer 2018, Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 . If you would like to be considered for the award, you must meet the application criteria and intend to participate in the 2019 Honors and Awards Banquet on Thursday, May 9, at 5:00 P.M. in the Laney Bistro.
Applications are available HERE. In addition, you can access applications in the Office of Student Activities and Campus Life, Student Center E-260(Relocated)
Applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, April 12th in E-260.
Available scholarship categories listed below:
- Graduating/Transferring Scholarships will be awarded to graduating or transferring by Spring 2019 with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to current enrolled student(s) with at least six (6) units and 3.5 cumulative Grade Point Average or higher.
- Student Leadership Scholarship will be awarded to student(s) who is/are an active member of a club or organization at Laney College and currently has a minimum of six (6) units and 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average or higher.
- Financial Hardship will be awarded to full time student(s) who qualifies as a low income student and has a minimum of twelve (12) units and a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average or higher
- Keith Welch Scholarship:Scholarship will be awarded to a student who exemplifies the values of the late Keith Welch. Keith was a former ASLC President, who was passionate and dedicated his time at Laney College serving students. The recipient(s) of this scholarship will be one who demonstrates leadership, services on and off campus, and commitment to a greater cause. Preference will be given to Career Technical Education (CTE) students, but all students may apply.
- Students can only win one scholarship, however students can apply to multiple scholarships.
- If you are applying for more than one scholarship, please submit a separate application for each. NO DUPLICATE ESSAYS.