FREE Scholarship Searches http://www.college-scholarships.com/free_scholarship_searches.htm
APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program
About the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program
The APIASF Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIASF AANAPISI partner campuses listed below. The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program is supported by the Coca-Cola Foundation, the General Mills Foundation, Hilton Worldwide, USA Funds, the Walmart Foundation, the Walt Disney Company, and the Wells Fargo Foundation.
The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 21, 2017 and closes on November 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. APIASF provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
5 PM EST
APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census.
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at one of the following institutions during the 2018 Spring Semester if your institution is on a semester system or the 2018 Winter Quarter if your institution is on a quarter system:
- American Samoa Community College
- California State University, East Bay
- California State University, Sacramento
- Century College
- City College of San Francisco
- Coastline Community College
- College of Micronesia – FSM
- De Anza College
- Georgia State University
- Guam Community College
- Highline College
- Irvine Valley College
- Laney College
- Mission College
- Northern Marianas College
- Pierce College
- Queens College, CUNY
- Richland College
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- South Seattle College
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Guam
- University of Hawai’i at Hilo
- University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Washington, Tacoma
- Applied for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applicants do not necessarily need to be recipients of federal financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship from APIASF. Go to www.fafsa.gov for more information
- Please note the following:
- Full-time enrollment and degree-seeking status is defined by the guidelines set by the institution’s Registrar’s Office.
- Non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are NOT eligible to apply
- When you apply, you can be a part-time student, however, you must be enrolled full-time upon receipt of funding.
- Solely online students are not eligible to apply. If you are enrolled in online and on ground courses, no more than 1/2 of your courses can be online.
How to Apply
The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access. The application will be available on September 21, 2017.
Click here for application resources.
Contact APIASF at email@example.com.