Laney CollegeFinancial Aid
The Laney College Financial Aid Department inspires a diverse and multicultural student body by providing timely financial aid access, financial literacy, and student support services to prospective, new, and continuing students to enhance student success and completion
Start your application at fafsa.ed.gov or use the myStudentAid app
Financial Aid Instant Chat: Please note, our online instant chat feature is available during our hours of operation. When utilizing our Instant Chat, please ensure to provide both your PCCD student ID number and email in your initial correspondence. If you require financial aid assistance outside of hours of operations, you will be requested to leave your name, student ID number, email, and a brief description of your inquiry. During peak periods, due to larger volumes of email traffic, please allow up to 72 business hours for a response.
Spring 2021 Financial Aid Operations Status:
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Alameda county, and campus health directives, our office has migrated to remote online operations. Until further notice, our office will continue to remain physically closed. However, our office continues to offer financial aid assistance through email, and an instant chat widget located on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen, a Campus Logic secure document upload system, and online Zoom appointments.
To make a zoom appointment with a financial aid staff click the link below. Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance.
FINANCIAL AID ONLINE WORKSHOP:
To make a workshop appointment, please click the link below to enter your credentials.
DAY: Every Thursday 1:30pm_3:30pm
LOCATION: Join via zoom registration hours
“Financial aid documents can be submitted:”
Via mail to:
Laney College Financial Aid Office, 900 Fallon Street Oakland, CA 94607
Via Fax to:
Via email to:
Please ensure that your PCCD student ID number is present on the top left-hand corner of each page of your document(s). To avoid processing delays, please ensure that your document(s) are legible, if you are submitting a photo of your document(s), all four corners of the page must be present. From the time we receive all requested documents/information, please allow 4-6 weeks for your financial aid specialist to process your file to determine your aid eligibility. During this time, it is highly imperative that you monitor both your Passport account and PCCD email for updates from your specialist if additional information/documentation is required.
Thank you for choosing Laney College.
Financial Aid Workshop Webinar video–Please click the link below to watch the workshop video.
Project Success Emergency Grant (No funds available now)
Students will have to register and create a user name and password. And then apply for the emergency grant. Please note that applicants must upload supporting documentation to the site for each application. The maximum grant is $500. Students who had received maximum grants in the past are not eligible. Grants will only be approved for true emergencies. Books are not considered a true emergency.
Learn more about the financial aid process at Laney
- Priority Enrollment Dates Summer and Fall 2021:
- MyStudentaid App
- Financial Aid Flyers-Student Engagement-Apply FAFSA 2021-2022
- Mobile Enroll Flyer | Student Campus Solutions – Summer / Fall 2021
- Priority Registration Flyer | Summer – Fall 2021
- Tik Tok Enrollment Video-Summer 2020-2021
- Tik Tok Enrollment Video-Fall 2021-2022
- Tik Tok Enrollment video for Spring 2021-2
- Tik Tok Enrollment video for Spring 2021-3
- Laney College 2020-2021 Cost of Attendance
- Financial aid and Enrollment Status
- Financial Aid SAP-Steps-flyer Spring 2021
- California College Student Support Fund
- Short Guide on How to Apply for Financial Aid at Laney
- California Grants & Full Time Student Success Grant
- California Promise Grant (Formerly The “BOG Fee Waiver”)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Support for Undocumented Students (AB 540 & CA Dream Act)
- Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- BankMobile Refund Choices
- Transmission of Federal Data Files Laney College Financial Aid 2019-2020
- Selective Service Registration