We offer remote online (Zoom) and phone appointments to better serve you!
Select a service to begin
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday to Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
The Laney Counseling Department will be closed starting Saturday, December 19, 2020 and will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2021.
NOTE: Appointments between January 4th and February 5th, 2021 will be quick sessions focused on enrollment for spring 2021 classes.
If you need to meet with a Counselor for a Financial Aid (SAP) Appeal, or to be reinstated to the College after dismissal, you MUST call (510) 464-3152 to schedule a 1-hour appointment!!
**Comprehensive Student Education Plans (SEPs) and AA/AS/AD-T /Certificate petitions will NOT be completed during counseling appointments until the week of February 8, 2021 (except for SAP appeals).
Schedule an appointment for the following services:
- Selecting classes for the upcoming semester(s)
- Changing your major
- Approval to take excess units (Fall and Spring semesters only)
- Prerequisite clearance
- One-semester Student Education Plans (SEPs) for academic advising
- Reinstatement from Academic or Progress Probation (to release hold)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) reinstatement
- Transcript Evaluation for non-Peralta transcripts
- Degree and certificate petitions
- Career and major exploration and assessment
The following services will be unavailable until further notice
- Same-day drop-in meetings