Prerequisite Clearance Process Information
Before your online registration date, please check to see if your class has a prerequisite. Prerequisites must be cleared prior to enrollment. Plan ahead and take care of this as early as possible to avoid waiting in a long lines and possible delays to your enrollment in important classes.
You are automatically cleared if:
- You are currently enrolled in the appropriate prerequisite course at Laney College or any other Peralta College.
- You have completed the appropriate prerequisite course at Laney College or any other Peralta College.
If prerequisite course was completed at another college/university:
- Fill out the “Laney College Prerequisite Clearance Form and drop it off in the Laney College Counseling Department located T-301. Forms CAN be faxed. Do not email forms.
- You must attach proof of course completion (transcripts with a grade of “C” or better) to the form. For out of state and private universities/colleges, you may also need to provide supporting documentation (course descriptions or outlines).
- Your petition will not be reviewed if transcripts/documentation are not attached and/or if the Prerequisite Clearance form is incomplete.
- Please allow a minimum of 1-2 working days for processing time.
- You will only be contacted if your prerequisite clearance request is denied. An email notification will be sent to you.