Join the Puente Program Fall, 2019!!
Laney College is bringing back the Puente Program in Fall 2019.
Laney College’s Puente Program offers students:
- An English 1A class with a Latinx and other multicultural themed curriculum
- Counseling 224 to build your college and study skills
- English 508, a non-credit support class, to enrich your English 1A experience taught by your English instructor
- Support for you to create and develop a personalized transfer plan with a Latinx Counselor
- Embedded tutor support in your English class and additional free tutoring at Latinx Cultural Center
- Campus Visits: Free trips to visit 4-year colleges and learn about their support services for Latinx students
- Mentors: Professionals who will support your college and career success
Interested? Fill out the Student Information Sheet!
Students!! After you fill out the information sheet, we will contact you to give you registration information for the Puente classes.
Puente Classes for Fall, 2019. NOTE: You must enroll in all 3 classes to be part of Puente.
|English 1A||4||Monday & Wednesday||10 – 11:50 am|
|English 508 (noncredit)||0||Monday & Wednesday||12:30-1:45 pm|
|Counseling 224||3||Tuesday & Thursday||9-10:15 am|
Puente@Laney is located in the Latinx Cultural Center (Eagle Village 3). Check out additional services at Latinx Cultural Center.