We provide support with career exploration, self-assessment as well as the major and career decision making process to help all Laney students achieve career satisfaction and success.
- One-On-One Career Counseling Sessions Covering:
- Exploration of majors and careers
- Assessment of individual skills, interests, values and personality type
- Career decision making
- Resume and cover letter development and critiques
- Interviewing skills
- Job and internship search strategies
- Self-assessment referrals and interpretations
- Career Related Workshops
- Choosing a Major & Career
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing with Confidence
- Job Fair Preparation & Networking
- Career Field/Major Specific Workshops (upon request)
- Online and Print Resources
- Handouts and web-links to support career exploration and job search readiness
- Job Search Database, Eagle Hire/Handshake
- Eagle Hire Login: Joinhandshake.Com/
- Career Assessment Instruments
- Currently we offer the following career assessment tools for students: Strong Interest Inventory (SII), Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), SkillScan card sort (skills/abilities assessment), Career Values card sort, SparkPath Challenge Cards
- A list of FREE online assessment tools and resources for students and counselors can be found in the right column toolbar.
- ROADTRIP NATION (Use School Code: LANEY19): Take this fun 3-question quiz to discover your career passions! Watch thousands of videos clips to explore careers and get insider tips from real-life professionals in careers of interest to you.
- California Career Zone: An interactive, user-friendly career exploration and planning system designed specifically for college students. Includes four self-assessment tools, career information for over 900 occupations and 300+ short career videos.
- My Next Move: An interactive tool for students and jobseekers to learn more about required tasks, skills, salary information and more for 900+ careers. The O*NET Interest Profiler offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests and level of work experience.
- SuperStrong Career Interest Assessment: (ENTER CODE: laneycollege-explore) Take this brief career assessment to discover majors and careers at Laney that connect to your interests!
- Roadtrip Nation (Use School Code: LANEY19): Student-friendly platform includes a fun 3-question career assessment tool that links you to majors, careers & "leaders" (success stories of real people) to connect with, thousands of career video interviews, and job search tips.
- O-Net Online & Career One Stop (for students): Career videos, resources for veterans, college students, career changers & more Search for jobs that match your interest profile (Holland Code)
- My Next Move - An interactive tool for students and job seekers to learn more about required tasks, skills, salary information, and more for 900+ careers. The O*NET Interest Profiler offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests and level of work experience.
Could your students use help clarifying their career goals? Choosing a major? Finding jobs? Writing resumes?
Have a professional Career Counselor come to your class (via Zoom or in-person!)
*This is also a GREAT option to avoid cancelling class anytime you will be away!
Possible presentation topics include:
- Choosing a Major & Career (including FREE Career Self-Assessments)
- Career Exploration & Research (tailored to YOUR field or discipline)
- Job & Internship Search Strategies
- Resumes & Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Career Success Strategies
- Customized topics to fit your department needs