The Veteran Resource Center (VRC) provides assistance for active-duty personnel, veterans and their eligible dependents in pursuit of education and in obtaining veterans’ benefits.
Veteran Resource Center (VRC) Services include:
- Laney College Chromebook Lending Program
- Counseling and Academic Planning (Kimberly Blackwell)
- Veterans Benefits and Financial Aid Information
- Peer support and mentoring
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Book Vouchers for Veterans
- Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Online Tutoring
- Employment Services
- Oakland Veterans Affairs (VA)
The Laney College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides support and financial assistance to veterans and their dependents. These services are available to those veterans who are eligible for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. The VRC certifies and monitors progress throughout the semester, notifying the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs of any academic changes.