There is no Academic Success (ASF) meeting this Friday, August 23rd. However, regular classes will be in session.
The Gateway to College fall 2019 application window is now closed. Spring 2020 admissions will begin October 1st, 2019.
The first day of the fall 2019 semester is Monday, August 19th.
- New student orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 13th from 10-12p.
- Returning student orientation will be held on Thursday, August 15th from 10a-12p.
Gateway to College is a scholarship program that provides academically and economically disenfranchised Alameda County residents 16 to 20 years old with an opportunity to experience success in an academically rigorous, supportive and safe environment as they pursue their high school diplomas and transition into college.
The program promotes student success and readiness by grouping students into learning communities for their first term, offering intensive literacy development, maintaining rigorous academic standards, and providing individualized support. After successfully completing the initial Foundation term, students will transition to taking classes with the general student population.Students will focus their studies in a “pathway” or major that is aligned with high school completion requirements and college degree or certificate requirements. To keep students on the right track to success, one-on-one support is provided by dedicated GtC counselors. All GtC classes are college classes, and the program is fully integrated with Laney College.
Gateway to College Program Eligibility/Requirements
- Gateway to College is targeted to students 16 to 20 years old who have left high school without a diploma OR who are behind in high school credits for age or grade level
- Students must live within Alameda County to be eligible
- Students must have an eighth grade reading level in order to qualify for Gateway to College
Check out our video, Academic Excellence: Gateway to College.
*** Our offices are open 830a to 430p Monday through Friday***