*** If you would like to make an appointment to speak with a counselor about transfer, please make an appointment online. Counseling appointments will be conducted through zoom or phone.***
Welcome to the Laney College
We are here to help you continue your education towards a four-year bachelor’s degree. We offer services and programs for a successful transfer experience which includes:
- Transfer counseling and workshops
- Four-year college representative visits
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)
- Associate Degrees for Transfer to CSU (AD-T)
- Concurrent Enrollment & Cross Registration programs
- Computers for transfer research and completing college applications
- Fall Transfer Day college fair
- Spring UC Davis field trip
Have you been admitted to a four-year university for Fall 2021? If so join us in celebrating your achievement at the Transfer Achievement Celebration!
Click here to RSVP for the event!
Click HERE for the Transfer Achievement Celebration Flyer
Below are Spring 2021 Workshops and Webinars:
- UC/CSU 2021 Virtual Webinars
- UC Davis Transfer Webinars
- CSU Campus Events
- HBCU March 2021 Webinars
- Southern University and A&M Transfer Series - March 2021
- UCLA Transfer Admission Presentation - April 2, 2021
- UCLA Transfer Stomp Conference - April 3, 2021
- UCLA Transfer Admission Presentation - May 21, 2021
- National University Webinar
UC Berkeley is currently recruiting students for the 2021 NIH Bridges to Baccalaureate Summer Research Program.
The program runs from June 10-August 6, 2021
Applications are due March 31, 2021
This PAID summer program will introduce students to specific topics in research being conducted at UC Berkeley. No prior research experience is required. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the program will be entirely virtual. If the public health situation allows, optional in-person activities may also be offered.
To be eligible, students must be:
*A registered student at Chabot College or the Peralta Colleges
*U.S. citizen or permanent resident
*Not yet earned a Bachelor's degree
*African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander
The goal of the NIH B2B Program is to increase the number of African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, and Pacific Islander community college students who transfer to and graduate from 4 year colleges and universities in biomedical science majors. Past B2B participants have transferred to universities including UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, Stanford, and more.
Calling all community college engineering students. UCLA Samueli Engineering is currently accepting applications for the 2021 Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in the areas of:
1) Interactive Systems (IS)
2) Functional Nanomaterials (FNM)
Selected scholars will be paired with a UCLA Samueli Engineering faculty based on project needs, skills, and interest. Participants will be invited to work on a project that contributes to the momentum of their assigned lab. The Summer Undergraduate Research Program also provides support and scaffolding for this summer experience.
Additionally, all community college participants will receive additional support from the Engineering Transfer Center on understanding how to leverage your summer experience in applying to UCLA Engineering or other 4 year engineering programs as well as an understanding of what to expect once you transfer.
Please read more about all the amazing resources and scaffolding that is provided to SURP scholars on our SURP website. The deadline for application submission is March 30th, 2021, 11:59 PM PST. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSOCIATE DEGREES FOR TRANSFER (AD-T) TO CSU
The Associate Degree for Transfer (AD-T) is a transfer pathway used for admission to one of the 23 California State Universities (CSU). This option allows students to complete an Associate’s degree while satisfying lower division general education and major requirements for transfer. Students who are awarded an AD-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. For more information, contact the Counseling office to schedule an appointment with a counselor. Go to the links at the top right of this page to see AD-Ts offered at Laney College.
TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEES
University of California
Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) allows eligible students to enter into a contract with four-year universities. These agreements provide guaranteed admissions upon fulfillment of the contract. Six University of California (UC) campuses offer guaranteed admission to California community college students who meet specific requirements. The filing period is September 1 – 30 for transfer in the fall semester of the next year. We also have a transfer admission agreement with Golden Gate University. For more information, contact the Counseling office to schedule an appointment with a counselor before the deadline. Go to the links at the top right of this page to see campuses who offer TAG programs.
HBCU (Historically Black Colleges & Universities)
California community college transfer students who meet certain academic criteria will be guaranteed admission to nine historically black colleges and universities. Under the agreement, students who apply to the schools and obtain a transfer-level associate degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and complete either the University of California Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), or the California State University General Education Breadth pattern, will be guaranteed admission with junior standing. Click here for more info. Go to the links at the top right of this page to see the nine participating HBCUs.
CROSS ENROLLMENT/ CROSS REGISTRATION
The Cross Enrollment Program (SB 1914) allows undergraduate students who meet certain eligibility criteria and are enrolled at any California Community College, the California State University, or the University of California to enroll, without formal admission in any of the other systems. Laney College also offers a Cross Enrollment program with Mills College, a private liberal arts college for women, located in Oakland.
- The student must be enrolled at Laney College during the current semester that the student seeks to cross-enroll at a four year institution.
- The student must pay the appropriate tuition required by Laney College for the semester in which the student seeks to cross-enroll.
- The student must have the appropriate academic preparation, as determined by the host campus, consistent with the standard applied to currently enrolled students, i.e., completion of pre-requisites. Admission to the course is subject to availability and instructor approval.
- The student may not enroll in a course that is offered at Laney College.
You may take one undergraduate course per semester at UC Berkeley.
- The student has completed at least one semester at Laney College as a matriculated student at the time of application with a GPA of 2.0.
- Students cannot enroll in Extension, summer session, graduate level and any other courses not supported by the state.
- UC Berkeley charges each student an administration fee, currently $46 per unit.
CSU East Bay
You may take up to two undergraduate courses per quarter at CSUEB.
- Students must have completed at least 20 units at Laney College with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- CC Students formerly enrolled at CSUEB, but were academically disqualified, are not eligible to participate in the Cross Enrollment Program.
- CSU East Bay will not charge CEP students tuition, nor will they charge an application fee.
You may take one undergraduate lower division course each semester for a total of 4 courses at Mills College.
- Students must have completed 12 semester units at Laney with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of application
- Student must be enrolled in at least 9 semester units or more at Laney, student may not drop below 12 units during the semester.
- An international student must take 12 units at Laney, in addition to any cross enrollment units.
- There will be no additional tuition or fees charged by the host institution, with the exception of studio or lab fees.
PARTNERSHIPS WITH UC BERKELEY
Pathways to Four-Year Universities is an alliance between UC Berkeley and Laney College that provides support and resources to students who intend to transfer to UC Berkeley or another four-year university or college. Pathways is built on two main components: comprehensive advising and summer sessions courses. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Starting Point Mentorship Program offers students the opportunity to get paired with a UC Berkeley student mentor who can help them explore their academic potential and prepare for transfer to UC Berkeley. Mentors provide students with information, motivation, and access to resources. Click herefor application.
Click here to visit the Career Services webpage
Laney College Career/Transfer Center
Tower Building, Room 201
900 Fallon Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm