UC Transfer Requirements
- Complete your Math & English requirements early.
- Complete major preparation coursework early in your academic career. Look at www.assist.org for specific UC major requirements for each UC campus.
- Meet with a counselor to go over the ASSIST articulation agreement and plan out your courses by completing a Student Education Plan.
- Complete 60 UC transferable semester units with a minimum 2.4 grade point average (2.8 for Non-residents) for minimum eligibility. The GPA for admission can be significantly higher due to the applicant pool.
- Meet with a Laney College Counselor to determine which option is best for your intended UC Major (s) :
UC Resources and Programs
- Six of the UC’s offers Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG). Meet with a Laney College Counselor to learn more about TAG and plan your courses early for TAG. More information on TAG can be found here.
- UC Transfer Pathways can be a useful tool to explore popular majors and which UC campuses offer them.
- Create a UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) to keep track of your progress to transfer to the UC. UC TAP is also what you will submit when applying for UC Transfer Admission Guarantee so it is recommended that you create and maintain your UC Transfer Admission Planner.
UC Campus Resources
Learn more about each UC Campuses & majors that are offered:
Learn more about how much it cost to attend the University of California, as well as financial aid information:
UC TAP is a free online tool to help prospective UC transfer students track and plan their coursework.
The UC TAP tool is designed for use by students transferring from California community colleges, including those students who are seeking a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with one of the six participating UC campuses.
Students can use the Transfer Admission Planner to enter their coursework (completed and planned) from the very beginning of their college careers, or at any point when they decide to transfer to a UC campus.
The planner helps students track their progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements, and allows UC staff to communicate important information to prospective transfer students.
Nothing feels better than getting a guaranteed place at UC. Which is exactly what TAG offers, at any one of six UC campuses. Click below to learn more about UC Transfer Admission Guarantee.
|Term||Application Filing Period|
|Fall 2022 UC TAG||September 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021|
|Winter/Spring 2022 UC TAG
UC Merced & UC Riverside ONLY
|May 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021|
|* You will also need to submit the UC Application to the school you TAG to.|
Know your major but want to keep your campus options open? Then a UC Transfer Pathway could be the route for you.
Transfer Pathways give you a roadmap to prepare for your major and graduate on time from any UC campus. Find out which community college courses you need to complete for a specific Transfer Pathway with UC's Transfer Pathways Guide.
Check you major for the term you are applying for to see if the UC are accepting applications:
The UC's require all transfer students applying to the UC to submit personal insight questions.
Personal Insight Questions:
- There is one required question you must answer.
- You must also answer 3 out of 7 additional questions.
- Each response is limited to a maximum of 350 words.
- Which three questions you choose to answer are up to you. However, you should select questions that are most relevant to your experience and that best reflect your individual circumstances.
- Personal insight questions guide (English Version)
- Personal insight questions guide (Spanish Version)
- Tips/Directions for writing the personal insight questions