There are 23 campuses within the California State University (CSU) system.
Learn more about the CSU campuses: Facts about the CSU
See which CSU Campus is right for you: CSU Campus Match
Explore different majors at the CSU: Transfer Major Explorer
CSU Transfer Requirements
1. Complete the “Golden Four” as soon as you can. The golden four must be complete with a grade C- or better.
Check to see when the “Golden Four” needs to be completed by: Golden Four Completion
A1- Oral Communication COMM 1A, 20, 44, 45 OR ESOL 50A*,50B~ *Effective Fall 2020 ~Effective Fall 2021
A2 - Written Communication ENGL 1A
A3 - Critical Thinking ENGL 5 , PHIL 10 *For some high unit majors, exceptions may apply (See a counselor for details) CSU High Unit Major Exemption
B4 - Mathematics MATH 1, 2, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3E, 3F, 11, 13, 15, 16A, 16B, 50 PHYS 4A, 4B, 4C
2. Complete 60 CSU transferable semester units with a minimum 2.0 grade point average:
- The 60 CSU Transferable will consist of your major and general education coursework
- For major specific requirement check assist.org
- You have two choices to satisfy your CSU General education: IGETC or CSU GE
Please keep in mind the GPA for admission can be higher because of the major, campus, and/or applicant pool.
3. Consider completing an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT). ADTs provide a clear pathway for California community college students to CSU degrees. Learn more about ADTs: CSU ADTs
4. Apply on time!
- Dates and Deadline to submit the CSU Application
- Application is $70 for each campus. If you qualify for the application fee wavier, you get up to four application fee wavier.