Welcome to the ASLC!
Section 51023.7 in Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations states that the governing board of a community college district shall provide students with “an opportunity to participate in formulation and development of district and college policies and procedures that have or will have a significant effect on students.”
These policies and procedures include:
- Grading policies;
- Codes of student conduct;
- Academic disciplinary policies;
- Curriculum development;
- Course or programs which should be initiated or discontinued;
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development;
- Standards and policies regarding student preparation and success;
- Student services planning and development;
- Student fees within the authority of the district to adopt; and
- 10.Any other district and college policy, procedure, or related matter that the district governing board determines will have a significant effect on students.
Refer to the appendix for the full text of Section 51023.7.
The Associated Students of Laney College (ASLC) are representatives of the student body that are dedicated to improve your experience at Laney College by:
- Facilitating communication among the student body, faculty, and administration.
- Sponsoring clubs, organizations, programs, and campus events
- Making Laney as safe and fun as possible.
Official ASLC meetings are held every Tuesdays 2:00pm – 3:00pm, T-650.
Do you want to make a difference in your community? Join us in our mission to achieving a better Laney.