This event is put on in collaboration with every Peralta Campus – Alameda, Merritt, Berkeley, and Laney! From departments to student clubs to individual community members, this has been a team effort. Please join the Peralta Queer Community in solidarity and celebration, for the first ever Peralta Queer Prom!
Friday April 12
4:30-8:30pm at the Laney Bistro!
What to Wear?
Can I come even if I can’t stay the whole time?
Will there be alcohol?
Attending this event means you are agreeing to abide by the Laney College and Peralta Queer Prom Code(s) of Conduct:
Peralta Queer Prom is a supportive, safe, welcoming environment for all, regardless of age, race, religion, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, and immigration status. Be kind and courteous to each other. There’s no need to be mean or rude.
We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean, or harass anyone. That is not welcome behavior.
Our definition of harassment includes:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Private harassment is unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you have been or are being harassed contact one of the Organizers. We care about making this a safe place and we’ve got your back.