Exp. 19: Line Emission Spectra, Flames Tests, Spectral “Math”, and Background Reading.
- Pre-lab: Pre-lab questions are located on the pre-lab. Hint to answering the questions: read the instructions for the lab and the other handouts: Exp. 19 pre-lab
- Exp. 19 instructions: 19 Line emission spectra
- Exp 19 Report Sheet:Rpt.19 Emission Spectra, word Rpt.19 Emission Spectra , PDF
- General Information about PES: ChemAct_07
- If you want more background: L7_Photoelectron_Spectroscoopy
Additional reading and work sheets for the lab:
- Photoelectric effect: Answer #2, #3, #6 (these are most like test questions) on binder paper: WS – Photoelectric Effect 2
- Organization of electrons: Again, ask this on Exams: Organization of electrons using the ‘Periodic table for subshells ws’
- Chemical Activity: Read the text, answer the selected questions.
- Various spectra for your viewing pleasure: various spectra