Arts and Culture: Cosmetology
The Laney College Cosmetology Program prepares students in all phases of Cosmetology!
You’re Only a Couple of Clicks Away From Seeing Your Future From a Whole New Lens and Changing Your Life at Laney College!!!
Start with your interests. Your future will follow. . . Click the Images below for Enrollment How-tos, Remote/Online Student Services, and Apply now!
Prior to enrolling in classes at Laney College
- Apply for admission to Laney College at cccapply.org
- Apply for financial aid NOW https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Apply for fee waiver California college promise grant website
- Attend Cosmetology Orientation /Information Session
scroll down for dates and times for orientation/information sessions .
Sessions are on Zoom
FALL 2023 semester .
The fall semester begins August 22, 2023
Class days and times: Monday through Friday 8a to 330p
Monday through Friday 5p to 10p
- Students must choose to attend either day or evening class
Enrollment in Cosmetology classes for New students to Peralta College begins April 17 2023.
First semester Cosmetology Classes Are:
- 210 Theory
- 210L Lab or 210LE (evening)
- 211 Manicuring
- 212 Chemical Services
- 213 HairStyling
- 214 HairColor
- 215 Facials
*All seven classes must be taken to participate in the program .
|Orientation Information Sessions||Zoom ID|
|Wed March 22 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed March 29 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed April 5 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed April 12 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed April 19 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed April 26 5p||834 4068 5351|
|Wed May 10 5p||834 4068 5351|
|AS OF MAY 4, 2023 Day and Evening Level 1 COSMETOLOGY CLASSES ARE FULL||STUDENTS INTERESTED IN CLASSES MAY ENROLL TO THE WAITLIST ONLY|
The Cosmetology program prepares students in all phases of Cosmetology. The program consists of 1600 hours of training in theoretical foundations, manipulative skills, business knowledge, professional and ethical practices and prepares students to take the California State Board of Cosmetology examination for licensure.
Cosmetology program graduates :
- Earn a Certificate of Achievement – complete 50-51 cosmetology units
- Qualify for to licensing through the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- May earn an Associate in Arts Degree by completing 19 units of General Education
The Cosmetology Program consists of seven required courses, courses cannot be taken individually.
All Students must attend an informational orientation session prior to enrolling in the courses.
Students must purchase cosmetology supplies and books as directed by instructors to participate in the program . Estimated cost of books and supplies will be disclosed at an Orientation session.
- At Laney Cosmetology We Pride Ourselves in being an all Inclusive Program Catering to. . . The New Face of Beauty: Embracing LGBTQ+ Inclusivity!
Click on the photo below and check out a new resource we’ve locked in to help raise awareness around how LGBTQ+ representation is redefining beauty norms and what beauty-related businesses need to be doing to show up regularly, not just during Pride Month.
We’re super proud to support our LGBTQ+ students and @beautyschoolsdirectory in creating a more inclusive Industry for all!
We look forward to meeting you!!
Laney Cosmetology Department
900 Fallon Street, B-100
Oakland, CA 94607
Contact persons for additional information
Sthomas@peralta.edu Ms. Sydney Simmons Thomas Windham
TChristal@peralta.edu Ms. Toshia Christal
LCarpenter@peralta.edu Ms. Latonya Carpenter
LGoltz@peralta.edu Mr. Louis Goltz