Arts and Culture: Cosmetology
The Laney College Cosmetology Program prepares students in all phases of cosmetology!
Start with your interests. Your future will follow. . . Click the Images below for Enrollment How-tos, Remote/Online Student Services, and Apply now!
Important information for potential first-semester Cosmetology students:
- Class times are Monday through Friday 8 am to 330pm
- Classes will be held on campus and hybrid format
Prior to enrolling in classes:
- Apply for admission to LaneyCollege.edu at cccapply.org
- Apply for financial aid NOW https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Apply for fee waiver California college promise grant website
- Attend cosmetology information/orientation session
Laney Cosmetology Zoom Orientation Dates for Fall 2022 Enrollment:
Zoom ID: 96522283561 (No passcode required)
- Wednesday, May 4th (4:30pm- to 530pm)
- Wednesday, May 11th (4:30pm to 530pm)
- Wednesday, June 15th (430pm to 530pm)
- Wednesday, June 22nd (430pm to 530pm)
- Wednesday, July 6th (430pm to 530pm)
- Wednesday, August 10th (430pm to 530pm)
Please contact Instructor Windham: email@example.com or Instructor Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
NOTE: Laney Cosmetology Department is located on the Laney College Campus.
First Semester Cosmetology Classes Are:
- 210 Theory
- 210L Lab or 210LE (evening)
- 211 Manicuring
- 212 Chemical Services
- 213 HairStyling
- 214 HairColor
- 215 Facials
The Cosmetology program prepares students in all phases of Cosmetology. The program consists of 1600 hours of training in theoretical foundations, manipulative skills, business knowledge, professional and ethical practices and prepares students to take the California State Board of Cosmetology examination for licensure.
Options available for those interested in the Cosmetology program:
- Earn a Certificate of Completion (students are then qualified to apply for licensing through the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology)
- Earn an Associate in Arts Degree (students need to complete necessary Cosmetology courses and an additional 19 units of General Education)
- The program consists of seven (7) classes over three (3) semesters totaling seventeen (17) units per semester (PLUS 1 complete session of Saturday Class or Summer Session is required to complete state board hours). M-F, hours are from 8:00am to 3:30pm with an hour lunch from 12-1pm.
- At Laney Cosmetology We Pride Ourselves in being an all Inclusive Program Catering to. . . The New Face of Beauty: Embracing LGBTQ+ Inclusivity!
Click on the photo below and check out a new resource we’ve locked in to help raise awareness around how LGBTQ+ representation is redefining beauty norms and what beauty-related businesses need to be doing to show up regularly, not just during Pride Month.
We’re super proud to support our LGBTQ+ students and @beautyschoolsdirectory in creating a more inclusive Industry for all!
- Further Information
The Cosmetology Program consists of seven required courses, courses cannot be taken individually.
All Students must attend an informational orientation session prior to enrolling in the courses.
Students must purchase cosmetology supplies and books as directed by instructors to participate in the program by the second week of the semester . . . Estimated cost of books and supplies will be disclosed at an Orientation session.
For information about our program call 510-464-3285 or by email email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!!