Hello and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College (full time) and previously at City College of San Francisco (part-time). I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I literally have my dream job! I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching HS upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year (at the University of Goettingen) and worked for one summer in Germany (in Kehl). At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation from Davis, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward (that’s right – Hayward! I think I was in the last group that was awarded degrees from CSUH!), I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I used to teach summer school at CCSF, but after having a lovely kid, I stopped so I could enjoy more time with her!
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. My lovely daughter’s named Lenora and here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some pictures of Lenora at about 1 year old:
And these are when she was about 2 years old!
And when she was 3! The first below is Lenora and Eva, her cousin.
When she was 4 years old:
And now she is 5 and in Kindergarten!
And now Lenora is 6, in first grade!! And Eva is in Kindergarten!!
Another thing I am particularly proud of (though this was in summer 2014) – I made a ring for my incredible husband in the Laney College machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen:
- The best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have a voicemail that I don’t check very frequently, for an office that I am rarely in: (510) 464 – 3180
Spring 2020 Class Schedule:
- Math 210ABCD, 211ABCD and 220ABCDEFG
- Statistics “with Support”, MW 9 am – noon in F-203
- Monday and Wednesdays 12-2 pm in G-201 (the Math Lab)
- By appointment – email me to set up a time: email@example.com
- Outside of office hours, please feel free to email me any time of any day! I check my email 1,000 times/day…
- MathXL/MyMathLab – I have put up chapter lectures, Power Point slides and supporting homework animations/videos before each chapter homework (Math 211, Math 210 and Math 220). Or use the “Ask My Instructor” button in your homework!
- The Math Lab – located at Laney College in room G-201. Free Drop In Tutoring M-Th 9 am – 7 pm.
- Online Videos Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Search topics in google – there will be useful results with good key words.
- Email me and ask me questions: firstname.lastname@example.org