Hello and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College (full time) and previously at City College of San Francisco (part-time). I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I literally have my dream job! I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching HS upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year (at the University of Goettingen) and worked for one summer in Germany (in Kehl am Rhein). At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation from Davis, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward (that’s right – Hayward! I think I was in the last group that was awarded degrees from CSUH!), I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I used to teach summer school at CCSF, but after having a lovely kid, I stopped so I could enjoy more time with her!
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. My lovely daughter’s named Lenora and here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some pictures of Lenora at about 1 year old:
And these are when she was about 2 years old!
And when she was 3! The first below is Lenora and Eva, her cousin.
When she was 4 years old:
And now she is 5 and in Kindergarten!
And now Lenora is 6, in first grade!! And Eva is in Kindergarten!!
My 7-year old crazy girl:
Another thing I am particularly proud of (though this was in summer 2014) – I made a ring for my incredible husband in the Laney College machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen (both of whom are retired now! Congrats gentlemen!!!):
- The best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have a voicemail: (510) 464 – 3180 Leave me a number and I will call you back!
Spring 2021 Class Schedule:
- Math 210ABCD, 211ABCD and 220ABCDEFG
- Precalculus with Support: Online zoom MW 10 am – 12 noon (see Canvas for link)
- Monday and Wednesdays 1-3 pm in zoom (See Canvas for link)
- By appointment – email me to set up a time: email@example.com
- Outside of office hours, please feel free to email me any time of any day! I check my email 1,000 times/day…
- MyOpenMath (MOM) – Various videos on every topic and just about every problem! You can “Message Instructor” or “Post to Forum” within the homework!
- The Laney College Math Lab – services offered online: https://laney.edu/mathematics/math-lab/
- Canvas has 24/7 Tutoring available
- Online Videos Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Search topics in google – there will be useful results with good key words.
- Email me and ask me questions: firstname.lastname@example.org