The Umoja-UBAKA Student Success Community aims to increase the success, persistence and graduation rates of African, African American and other students through tailored classes, academic counseling, tutorial support and activities.
Umoja-UBAKA Mission Statement
The Umoja-UBAKA mission is to serve as a critical resource for enhancing the cultural and educational experiences of African, African American and other students. We deliberately and intentionally recognize student voices, social realities and histories. Umoja-UBAKA promotes self and community empowerment through an affirming atmosphere and culturally-responsive curriculum specifically focused on the Black experience. ALL students are welcome to be a part of Umoja-UBAKA.
Benefits & Agreements
- Culturally relevant classes and professors focused on your support and success
- Community of Students & Staff
- Field Trips & College Tours
- Free Textbooks
- Academic Counseling
- Study Lounge Village Space
- Personal Counselor
- Take all 4 Umoja Classes
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Attend at least 2 Umoja-UBAKA activities
- Meet with an Umoja counselor 2 times
- Support all members of your Umoja Community
Join Us – Apply Now!