Job Title: In-House Prepress Operator Department:
Production Reports To: Production Manager Summary: We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced In-House Prepress Operator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Prinergy. They will be responsible for preparing artwork for production, including creating proofs, setting up files, and generating plates. They will also be responsible for troubleshooting production issues and ensuring that all jobs are completed on time and to the highest quality standards.
Pre-Press Job Opening
Availability and Preference Pool
Are you interested in teaching art, design, and animation classes in Graphic Arts?
To be considered for a faculty position in the Graphic Arts, you must first apply to Peralta District’s website. Faculty applications are reviewed periodically when there is a need to hire a new instructor.
Apply here: Graphic Arts Instructor Positions
Job description for a faculty position:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, or a related field and 3 years of industry experience
- Associate degree in graphic design, digital media, or a related field and 6 years of industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design, color theory, design principles, and typography
- Proficiency with the Adobe Applications.
- To teach graphic design classes: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC
- To teach web classes: HTML, CCS, JS, Dreamweaver, WordPress
- To teach animation classes: drawing skills, animation principles, Adobe Animate, After Effects, and Premier, or another animation program.
- Teaching experience – ability to create syllabi, lesson plans, assignment outlines, tests, and quizzes, and to manage a classroom with 25+ students.
- Organizational skills – ability to submit grades and attendance rosters on time, provide feedback to students, and communicate with the department chair.
- Team player – a willingness to help with department duties, events, social media, grant writing, program reviews, curriculum development, assessments, etc.
Please submit your application to the Graphic Arts’ faculty pool:
Student Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs
in the Graphic Arts Department
If you are interested in a Teaching Assistant job while you are still a student at Graphic Arts contact Department Co-Chair Daniela Nikolaeva. Please complete the online form below. However, I suggest you directly contact Instructor and Co-Chair, Daniela Nikolaeva.
Job description for a TA position:
- Currently enrolled as a student in at least one Graphic Arts class at Laney College
- Must have a high GPA, and understanding of the subject matter
- Good knowledge of graphic design, color theory, design principles, and typography
- Good understanding of Adobe CC Applications
- Patience and willingness to help other students
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to explain clearly and effectively
- Must be willing to work with students with disabilities
- Ability to follow directions and complete assignments on short notice.
Peer Tutor Paid Graphic Arts
Student Worker Jobs
In the Fall Semester 2023, there will be opportunities to be a Graphic Arts Peer Tutor. This is a paid position. There is a different between being a Teaching Assistant (TA).and a Peer Tutor. A Peer Student Tutor workers only provide tutoring in-person with a student.The Peer Tutor and the student who seeks tutoring can set a time to meet before, during and/or after a Graphic Arts class session. If the Graphic Arts Labs are not open, you can plan to meet in the Technology Building. Check with your Graphic Arts Instructors to help you connect to apply to be a Peer Tutor.
For additional information, go to Laney College Tutoring Program Website