For immediate support, or if you’re experiencing life threatening danger call:
- 988 for the new National Mental Health Crisis line (starting July 16, 2022)
- Alameda County Crisis Support Hotline: 1-800-309-2131
- or go to the nearest emergency room.
Summer Individual Therapy Sessions:
Short-term individual therapy is available for Laney students through our partnership with National University /JFK Graduate School of Psychology. JFK therapist trainees supervised by a licensed clinical supervisor can provide up to 8 sessions of individual therapy. Please complete this short FORM to request individual therapy this summer.
Additional health and mental health resources can be obtained through our partner Roots Community Health Center at the Roots Peralta Clinic, located at 7272 MacArthur Blvd. Call 510-633-7077 and be sure to leave a message with your name, student ID and call back number.
Spring 22 Therapists:
Spring 22 Health Influencer Team Student Interns:
Join the Team in the Fall to learn and share more about mental health and health
Graduate Trainees: interested in a field placement at Laney can learn more and find out more about our amazing Peralta Mental Health Training Institute HERE.
Fantastic Community Resources:
Download Resource sheet (PDF): Mental Health Resources
DIY Mental Health Resources:
- Improving your Mental Health (UC Berkeley – Greater Good Science Center)
- Guided Meditations (via UCLA Health) Multi-Lingual
- How to Notice Good Things in Your Life (UC Berkeley)
- ‘Pandemic Fatigue’ Setting in? Here’s How to Stay Safe and Strong (UCLA Health)
- Six Ways to Manage Coronavirus Depression (UC Berkeley)